March 28, 2020
Dear Access Family,
As we are all following the recommendations of our government leaders, Access Church continues to serve our Lord and each other. I’m sending this message to keep you up-to-date on multiple ministry activities.
The following Facebook live streams are available at facebook.com/scaccesschurch:
(You do not need a Facebook account to access these events)
• Sunday Service - We continue to stream Sunday services live using our Facebook page at 10:00AM from Bethel Church. Immediately following service there is a live kids lesson.
• Evening Devos - Access leaders are sharing a 15min devo at 7PM each evening on our Facebook page.
• Kids Devotional & Activities - Posted daily each morning on our Facebook page.
• Life Groups & Growth Track - Many groups are continuing to meet using Zoom. Contact your group leader or check our Facebook page for additional information and links to Zoom.
• Regional Prayer - Friday evenings at 7:00PM using Zoom. Check our Facebook page for meeting links.
• Personal Prayer - If you would like to receive personal prayer, please call the church at (814) 826-4636 or if you have something that you would like our team to be praying for please complete the online Connection Card at scaccesschurch.com/connection_card.
• Access Embrace. If you have a need we want help, select scaccesschurch.com/embrace. If you can help others, select give.scaccesschurch.com.
• Giving - We have three convenient options available for giving your tithe, offering, and to the Access Embrace fund:
1. Mail your check to:
State College Access Church
210 West Hamilton Ave
State College, PA 16801
2. On-line scaccesschurch.com/give
3. Text to (814) 256-4082 & follow the promptsThrough this all, Access Church continues to support our local community. A recent effort is to thank employees of the Mount Nittany Medical Center with a small gift card for coffee and a donut.
As we have said on many occasions, the church is not a building, but rather it is a family. You are not alone!
March 18, 2020
Last week we gave you an update on our plans related to church services and events impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As you know, a lot has changed this past week. President Trump, Governor Wolf, and the CDC have all recommended gatherings be limited to 10 or fewer people in efforts to curb the effect that COVID-19 is having on our nation.
While we still adhere to the fact that God has not given us a spirit of fear, we are also called to love our neighbor. While Hebrews 10:25 gives us the mandate to meet together, Romans 13 calls us to submit to governing authorities.
For these reasons and after much prayerful consideration, we have decided to suspend in-person gatherings for at least the next two weeks. We do not take this decision lightly. If we felt churches were being unfairly targeted in these government restrictions, our stance would be very different - but these restrictions are being put into place to protect all people - the very neighbors we are called to love.
Even though we are not meeting in person, we will still hold a service each Sunday at 10am that will be streamed live via our Facebook page. You will be able to view the live service even without a Facebook account. We invite you to join our online worship experience and interact with fellow believers during the service. Also know that you can still give online at give.scaccesschurch.com
In the coming days, we will be providing different ideas for ways you can help those impacted by COVID-19. As always, you can be in prayer. Here are a few prayer points for you to keep in mind over the coming days and weeks:
- Pray we will be driven by faith and not by fear.
- Pray for the people who have been greatly impacted.
- Pray for our missionary families and partners.
We will continue to keep you updated.